View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Now I know what its like to play against me

Hey MLG,

Wow, this situation is tough. He's aggressive, but is he thinking/good? Because your stack in this situation is the perfect size for him to (semi)bluff c/r allin on the flop - you are going to be hard pressed to call here with anything short of a good K, while your hand range includes lots of Aces and PPs that can't call. (you know all this of course.)

Despite my hand-protection instincts, i'm going to advocate checking through this flop. He'll bet at nearly any turn regardless of his holding trying to pick up the pot, so i'll make up what I lacked in hand protection by snapping off bluffs.

Depending on the turn card and our estimation of his preflop calling range we can then decide if it's best to raise for a free showdown, call to snap off his bluff, or fold outright - they are all valid options depending on what comes off. The Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would make me want to fold. A non-club Ace or K would make me more inclined to raise for a free showdown. Blanks and i'll probably flat-call and give him a chance to hang himself with another bet on the river unless he'll possibly bluff-allin on the river after you call the turn, in which case I probably raise or fold the turn.

Man, this spot sucks. It makes me want to just push the flop so I don't have to think about it. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Surf