Thread: PPJP @ 450k!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: PPJP @ 450k!

[ QUOTE ]

I'll elaborate anyway: At $400,000, if you "win" the jackpot you get $160k. If you "lose" you get $80k. 15/30 is the highest limit available, right? So if you have to call 4 bets cold -- $120 -- drawing to one out (inside str8 flush draw), then -- if the board includes a pair 88 or above -- you clearly have odds to call. I'll bet it's even close if the flop is capped and you need runner-runner, even taking into account the (un)likelihood that any of the others has quad-8s or better or will get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wrong. And I want to play at your tables.

Seriously...you are losing a LOT of EV if you are actually doing this.

You could barely have enough increased odds to make an extreme borderline fold change to a borderline-call....that's about it.

But to say that you should be trying to runner-runner straight-flushes and quads all the time (as you seemed to indicate might be correct) is REALLY off.

Also - there are some players who play any suited-connectors down to 32s from EP or for a raise against 1 player...whatever.
These are very good friends to have for any player who actually would prefer to win money.

In other news...I had JJ on a board of QQJJx yesterday and was getting REALLY freaking excited.
No dice...but I did win a nice sized-pot though.