View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Can\'t understand why I don\'t do well online (long)

I had a streak of 20 SnG's at the WSOP this year where I didn't cash, and in something like 16 of them I went in as a better than 60% favorite and lost.

My point is, these things happen live just as much as online. Those twenty SnG's took over a week to play live, but I could have done it within 1-2 days online.

Pair over pair, yes, but there was a lot of Ak losing to AJ on the river, just as you describe. As Ed Miller says, to enjoy poker you have to enjoy the losing as well as the winning. This stuff happens live too, it just happens at a much slower pace.

There are much worse players live because it is ten times easier to get a total donk to sit down at a live table then to TRUST the online sites enought to invest there money onto an online site. Many recreational players won't do this.

But you can still beat the low limits online. It took me up to a year for to win a reasonable amount, consistently on a monthly basis. It also took me about a year to stop myself from tilting and understand the psychology part of winning poker.

Work on your game and things will take care of itself.

Good Luck