View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Moving up in buy-ins (L/C)

Great post!

The past year and a half or so I have been playing the 30's, 50's, 100's and 200's. I started with nothing online and really didn't know proper SnG Bankroll management till I came here but when I was playing the 100's and 200's it was such a rush for me because I was playing for decent money and the thrill of winning was great. But I found solice in the fact that my swings were more then I could handle, but when I went down in limits to the 10, 20, or 30's it was boring to me because it was just cards. I think a few key things happened in between this time and the past 6 months. I realized that I was a winning player but I wasn't properly bankrolled and I wasn't happy. So I made a decision that I would re-dedicate myself to my game and sacrifice time for experience and proper money. OK I am blabbing but that being said I made the following decisions.

1000 10+1
1000 20+2
1000 30+3
1000 50+5
1000 100+9

I would make sure that I put in the time to something I loved to do and I would start from the bottom up, the swings are less, I feel more happy, yes at times the games suck but I know I will never go broke because i am planning better then ever, planning for my success, and adjusting if failure comes.

That being said i have 865 more till i can move up to the 30's.

I wish you the best with your play, I hope you find happiness in whatever level you play

Seth