View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: WRONG

In that thread you linked I advocated no such thing.

In another thread I did suggest something deportation but not violence in certain cases (regarding certain visa holders or immigrants, which I will address below).

Now to respond:

[ QUOTE ]
1) The forced deportation of a citizen for speech is a violent act.

2) MMMMMM advocates the forced deportation of U.S. citizens for speech

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, you are greatly stretching the definition of violence.

Secondly, I suggest only the deportation of those who are here on visas or as immigrants AND who also advocate violence or insurrection against the United States (or its citizens or institutions).

England is taking measures to allow for the revocation of citizenships and deportatation of immigrants who later advocate violence against England. Some of the "hate preachers" in London (some who have strong ties to radical terrorist groups) fall under this category. France has recently deported two imams and is getting ready to deport a half dozen more for similar fomentation of hatred and violence.

I think this is a reasonable approach. Why should the host country forever welcome those individuals who are trying to destroy her?

A visa or even citizenship is not granted to a foreigner so that the individual can later attempt to destroy the country to which he is being admitted. In the United States there is an oath of immigration (and pledge of allegiance too, if I'm not mistaken) which is required of all immigrants. If they later urge the tearing down of the United States, or radical violence against its citizens or institutions, they are violating the the spirit and possibly the letter of their Oath of Immigration and Pledge of Allegiance.

The USA does not need to extend a permanent welcome to those foreigners who advocate the overthrow of the United States or who advocate violence against its citizens or institutions. Why should we? They're essentially here as guests by the grace of our goodwill and hopefully on their own merit to be peaceful and productive persons. If they seriously violate that, well then, seeing as they were a guest in the first place, I don't see much wrong with throwing them out.

Would you keep a house guest who began talking about burning down your house or killing your daughter or taking some other action destructive to you? No; you'd kick him out. So why should the USA extend a carte blanche forever welcome to those individuals who came first as guests or visitors and later become radical advocates of violence or insurrection?

I'm not advocating violence against US citizens; I'm suggesting that those we admitted on visas or as immigrants need to NOT advocate violence or destruction against us. If they do so, they're bad guests or bad visitors or even bad naturalized citizens. In my opinion their right to be here should then be terminated and they should be sent back whence they came.

That's not an advocation of violence against them, either. It's a suggestion that the laws should be changed to legally permit the revocation of visas or naturalizations for those individuals who later turn out to be destructive and unwelcome additions, those who advocate the destruction of the USA or violence against its citizens or institutions.

I can see why my view might appear controversial to some but it is clear that I am not advocating violence against these persons.