View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 01:12 PM

Default AKo All-In Question

This is my first post in MTT. I'm also relatively new to tournaments. My regular game is in 5/10 6-max.

It is from a Party $150 buy-in I played last night and I'm posting this from memory.

It started with a field of about 1000 and now it's down to something like 230. I think 120th and better get paid.

I'm not exactly sure what the blinds are at this point but I think it's 100/200 (or may be 150/300, not sure if this will factor into your responses).

I believe the average chip count was ~4500 and I have ~3200.
This hand is between me and the big blind who also happens to be one of the big stacks at the table with ~7500. I have no read on the big blind because he just moved from a different table.

It's folded around to me, 2 away from the button, and I raise to 600 holding AKo. I remember thinking to myself, "OK, I'm gonna make a more than 2x BB raise", so the blinds must have been 100/200. If the blinds were at 150/300, what do you think about the 600 raise? It's an All-In if the blinds were 150/300, correct?

Everyone else folds to the big blind who goes All-In. I called instantly. I will post the result later, but I would appreciate your analysis and what goes thru your mind when you're facing this type of situation. What I mean by "this type of situation" is the kind where you're not quite desperate yet, but you're forced to make an All-In decision holding a good hand.

Right after I called, I thought to myself, if I was gonna call an All-In, I should've gone All-In in the first place... But my stack was about 15x BB and even though I was behind the average chip count, I was still in good shape.