View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse

[ QUOTE ]
I really liked the second generation Eclipses and two friends in college had them and loved them. I have an '03 (third gen.) and I like it a lot. The new '06 is pretty nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard the notion that they are a girls car... I really don't care because I like the car and that's all that matters.

For someone who owns an Eclipse, you're probably best to answer this question. I test drove another car at a different dealership and of course he was trying to convince me not to get the Eclipse. One of the things he said was my insurance would skyrocket. Right now I'm 24 so I still use my parents policy because it's cheap, but when I turn 25 I'll have to get my own policy. Am I going to be paying out the ass to insure this car?

I did a couple price quotes on the internet and it didn't look any different from a Protege which was another car I was looking at. I figured if there was a big difference, I'd see it between those 2 cars. Even though it looks sporty, it's still only a 4 cylinder so I can't imagine getting raped by insurance.