View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Help me out! Home tourney with strange structure

here's my suggestion

i played a lot of the $3 satallites in pokerstars and the games played like the one you described, crazy during rebuys and more normal afterwards. this is the way i played and it got me into the top 60 out of 800 people 70% of the time.

i would play it close to the vest during the start, and when you do got your good hands, aa-tt, ak. make them pay, especially it there is a lot of all in preflop action. if there is a maniac doing a lot of all in before the flop, i might consider calling with any pocket pair and taking my chances in a race. i might also be more inclined to do a lot more slowplaying if the game is really aggressive and let them bet my hands for me and then going over the top on 4th street or after the flop bet if its a big enough pot already.

i would only rebuy chips when there are more that 50% of the table with enough to double me up after the rebuy. and would almost always buy the add on unless i was way out of contention.

after the rebuy period, i would revert back to my normal game. playing tighter from the front and looser from the back, but not to loose. don't chase too many draws. be patient and get in when you think you have the rest of it.

i had pretty good luck with this strategy, jmo though