View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Your strategy for $25-$40/hr playing poker???

[ QUOTE ]
sfer- How can you say that? I know I'm not that great of a player but we all know it's quite easy to have massive variance at 6-max regardless of the limit over an extended period of time. As far as my 6-max winrate is concerned the sample size was around 20K and I spent the last 10K digging myself out of a pretty big whole I dug for the first 10K where I played terribly and had ridiculously horrific luck to boot. I spent most of the last 10K playing with a few of my 2+2 buddies (winning 6-max players) sweating my play while IMing just to be sure I wasn't playing like a complete moron. This process gave me a great deal of confidence and dramatically improved my six max play and in turn my full-ring game.

Despite the strides I made I know I could certainly use improvement in my 6-max game and I try to play at least once a week to keep learning and improving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying whether you were a winner or a loser, just that someone who cannot beat a standard 1/2 short game online is, I believe, not a favorite in the standard 2/4 and 3/6 game online.