View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Your strategy for $25-$40/hr playing poker???

I usually 4-table 2/4 to 3/6 full-ring though I have 8-tabled .50/1 in the past. (I know I'm better when I 4-table but could probably auto-pilot 8 table without much dropoff.) I can only 3 table 6-max though I occasionally 4 table with 2 full-ring tables and 2 6-max tables. Lately I've been trying to improve my game and concentrate more on reads and have been avoiding overloading with tables.

The reason why I asked for the lowest limit was for stress reduction purposes. Playing 10/20 and above will take some serious attitudidanl adjustments on my part concering the value of money.

sfer- How can you say that? I know I'm not that great of a player but we all know it's quite easy to have massive variance at 6-max regardless of the limit over an extended period of time. As far as my 6-max winrate is concerned the sample size was around 20K and I spent the last 10K digging myself out of a pretty big whole I dug for the first 10K where I played terribly and had ridiculously horrific luck to boot. I spent most of the last 10K playing with a few of my 2+2 buddies (winning 6-max players) sweating my play while IMing just to be sure I wasn't playing like a complete moron. This process gave me a great deal of confidence and dramatically improved my six max play and in turn my full-ring game.

Despite the strides I made I know I could certainly use improvement in my 6-max game and I try to play at least once a week to keep learning and improving.