View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Top Pair w/ Straight Draw - Heavy Action

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still new to the game and perhaps I'm playing totally wrong but I fold on the flop bet. You have a low board and your low is weak. You have top pair w/staright draw. I see you facing nut low, top pair, and flush draw, you're now playing for half the pot against one or two free runs at you, I fold. On the turn you pick up top two and everyone checks in front of you. I wouldn't have made it this far so tougher decision for me now. Probably wrong but I check. I'm ussualy very aggressive but with a made low already up dont think any one will leave they either call or check raise you. They have a free run but with more than 1 player in the pot I'm prbably wrong. I would not like this position, a set beats you right now, a flush can still come and you have no real low and are playing for half the pot. Again I'm new so........

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be new to the game but I don't think that you are wrong. I'm a O/8 noob too, but my understanding is that we best be drawing at the nuts in some way, form, or fashion (i.e. nut low draw with 2nd nut high draw, lock low with strong high draw, etc).