Thread: DERB
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: More Derb Hands

[ QUOTE ]
and what about the hands that are being presented that not even metagame considerations can save?

[/ QUOTE ]

Example? I remember seeing 1 A high calldown in the hands posted in this thread that looked really bad on its own and ive certainly seen hands that look bad when playing w/ him but I'm not so sure anymore. Gimme a hand that you dont think metagame considerations / game theory can explain. Im begining to think that much of his play can be explained through unconventional (by 2+2 wisdom) game theory adaptations.

He certainly gets out of line on the turn and river much more often than most winning players but he also gets much more action on his strong hands on the turn and river. Additionally he seldom seems to be far out of line without at the very least a redraw. The real problem is that I am only looking at hands he showed down which usually means he won the hand so I'm not getting to see all the times he does this with complete crap. His going to showdown too often with losers as others have mentioned could be his way of gaurenteeing he is never bluffed, a sort of safegaurd that may be necessary with his style / multitabling, im not sure, just speculating.

This is all just food for thought.

-Brad