View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 03:32 PM

Default I can ramble too!

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps its just due to the online structures?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a huge part of it. Once the blinds start to overwhelm you, you really can't fold top pair hands. The same is true live but that point comes far later in the game. Too many people look for insane folds at these points and leave themselves with too few chips to do anything. I think I have that leak as well...rarely folding late in tourneys...but I think it's far better than folding too much.

The more interesting point to me is playing uber-tight early in a tourney. I personally play tight as a frikkin drum early and I wonder if that's really the best way to go about things. Daniel Negreanu and others are famous for going crazy early and taking advantage of the weaker players before they go bust. Maybe it's because I'm not as good as them yet postflop that I need to play tighter.

I think you may be on the right track...experimenting with loosening up a bit early in online tourneys to practice your postflop play. I don't really know any other way.

Blah, I don't really know what I'm saying. I hope someone can put this in better words.

Schaefer