View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Help Me Fix This Big Leak (Some Rambling)

[ QUOTE ]
Well, here are my thoughts.

1)I am the same way, by and large. To many times, i will try to win pots i should not be trying to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is somewhat the same for me. Usually its when I put in a preflop raise and feel like I'm obligated to win the pot.
[ QUOTE ]

2)Its good you play MTTs. I think only in MTTs and SNGs can u try to win most hands you play, and not get absolutely killed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I'm definitely a tournament player as opposed to cash. I can hold my own in a cash game if I take it seriously, but when i play NL ring games, so often I start thinking to myself that I need to take everyones entire stack, and that just doesn't happen often compared to tournament play.
[ QUOTE ]

3)I hope by saying you can't fold, you actually mean you raise to much when you should fold. I haven't ever seen u play, but calling down is much worse than raising. (simple advice, i know, but maybe for some of the newer readers)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I mean raising. Occasionaly I'll find myself getting caught stealing and it will be a 2:1 call w/ KTs or something like that, and I'm not sure if I should be folding or calling in those spots. Again, I tell myself "well, if he has 22-99, AQ, AJ, QJ, then I should call."
[ QUOTE ]

Here is a basic example of how i lose to much:

Early raise, i call with two cards like AJ or something.

Flop comes
K,6,2.
Raiser bets, I push, he calls with AK.

This is one of my big problems. Is this what you are talking about? Or are you talking about calling down to much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is quite the problem I have. If anything, I probably go too far w/ top pair hands. I have a problem slowing down under some circumstances. Perhaps its just due to the online structures? You don't exactly get rewarded for making good folds. Often I find myself thinking that I'd rather risk my last 1000 and hope I have enough outs instead of trying to play out the last 1000 after folding w/ 10BBs left.