View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Berating Weak Players At The Poker Table

I just left a NLHE table where one uberfish was dragging pot after pot with garbage like two pair, nines and threes. He even made it a point to tell us he won 68 hands in the session. Throughout his wins, one of the players started trying to insult his play, saying he made this bad raise and that bad call. I didn't want the uberfish to be discouraged from raising UTG with 93o, so I would defend his play every time while sometimes criticizing the table coach.

EXAMPLES:

In this episode, Fish raises with 93o, flops two pair to Coach's one pair, and gets all of Coach's money

Coach: I can't believe u raised with 93o
Fish: it's good to play every hand sometimes
Coach: LMAO... ok fish
Me: Fish is right, you gotta mix it up sometimes... besides Coach, u called for all your money on the river with one pair

In this episode, Coach value bet top two the whole way only to get sucked out on by Fish's rivered flush... he gladly paid off the rest of his stack to see Fish held the nuts.
Coach: what the fck were u thinking
Fish: what do you mean
Coach: u chased the flush for 15?
Me: don't listen to him Fish, a flush is a big hand
Me: Coach is just upset because he lost another stack to you

As a result, the fish continued to play poorly, I got paid off on several hands because I was labeled a fish for siding with one, and the coach was rattled enough to lose a few more stacks. The coach did end up hitting a two outer against me later for all of my money, but I didn't care; the setup for the play was just too good, and that fish will be back.