Thread: KJo in the BB
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: KJo in the BB

[ QUOTE ]

It's especially troublesome to me that someone might say that this is an easy raise, without qualification or understanding of how much equity he/she actually has in this situation.

I agree. Alomst as troubling as someone sayig a +EV play "sucks".

Not quite, though.

In this particular hand, paying off JJ with a turn three-bet is far worse than raising pre-flop against it.

Sort of amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought 88 was more likely than JJ, but I agree that I don't like 3-betting this turn against unknowns, and I'm much more keen on calling and check-calling the river, depending on the action and river card. I don't get the river bet here at all.

All that said, raising preflop here isn't the worst play in the world, but it is worse than calling. This is MHO but does happen to be shared by some others whom I respect much more than my own opinion, and is the basis for me forming that opinion.

I could try to elaborate tomorrow since I feel like there may be some points I touched upon that either didn't sink in or I didn't get across clearly enough -- I asked a higher stakes player to weigh in, but he basically told me that what I was saying was correct and there wasn't much more to it.

[ QUOTE ]
[00:56] : it's a bad raise against 3 limpers
[00:56] : you obv know that
[00:56] : you've basically given them all the info they need and more
[00:56] : to be able to discern it's a bad raise

[/ QUOTE ]

He went on to say he wouldn't raise KQo there either (I would against 2 limpers, but he'd raise KJo against 2 limpers, so I think that's a moot point).

Rob