View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: What to do with my life (need advice bad)?

it doesn't have to be THAT depressing.

many options and possibilities in life.

it just happens that that is an emotionally tough time in life for some people...particularly when entering an office-job that they find unfulfilling and unejoyable.

But it doesn't have to be the end of the world.
And obviously there are obviously MANY people out there for whom it is MUCH worse who would do anything to have the troubles you or he or I are having.

My GF is a nurse at a hospital. She told me about two patients she had today.

One was an 18-year-old sorority girl who had some sort of stomach-ailment and was told she would have to stay an extra night.
Girl was EXTREMELY distressed to the point of bawling (as if somebody had died or something).
The reason?? She was no longer going to be able to attend some college dance.

Meanwhile, GF's other patient was a 20-year-old Mom who just found out she has AIDS. They haven't gotten the results back yet to find out if her 3-month-old son is also infected.

Stress and pressure and life problems are all relative.

Wouldn't be too hard to find a few million Americans who would say, "Oh boo-hoo-hoo....you make good money at one job but can't decide if you should try to make more money at a 'job' you think you might be happier at."

not trying to belittle lehigh's situation.
It's just the perspective I usually take with regard to almost all of my so-called 'problems' in life.

Every day I have a 150BB down-swing I have my GF there to who I know has spent her day spent cleaning up blood and vomit, etc etc from people who have REAL problems (sometimes including being in their very last days of living).

"I lost $1k today" doesn't quite compare to the guy who had a leg amputated today.