View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: What really is my bankroll?

Thanks for all the replies.

Just thought id give you an update of what ive concluded.

Basically, ive decided my bankroll is $4,700 (ive won a bit since ive last posted).

I went to take a shot at the 2-4NL, went up $900 pretty quick only to then lose it with a cold deck.

Im now going to back to 1-2nl, grind a few hundred more out, and use that as 'take a shot' money. hopefully one of the times ill go up and stay up, and then always stay at 2-4nl, and if i go back to $4,700 then ill go back to 1-2nl

ill use christmas money as spending money till i get my student loan in, and then use my student loan as my spending money.

i feel comfortable with doing that, and think its a sensible approach. the most important factor is that i feel comfortable, there is no point in it ruining my day if i lose, and by playing this bankroll system way hopefully it wont.

although it is starting to hit me what a great opportunity i had going up 900 only to then miss every draw and opponents hit every draw and i end up having to back to 1-2nl. ah well.

but i thought i played perfect except for one hand i misplayed, which disappointed me at the time but ill try hard to make sure it doesnt happen again for another long time.

thanks again for the replies so far and please do comment and what your thoughts are on this, cheers.