View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #2

[ QUOTE ]
Well think about if you had the 8 or 88 in your hand. You could possibly call this too letting the villain walk right into a trap. I am sure at the 215s, villains know this, so now if the villain doesn't have the 8, and on the turn no A, K, Q, or diamond drop, villain probably checks. HEro can then take down the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing some of what I'm saying. My intention with this is very rarely going to be trying to take down the pot on the turn, because it won't often work. You're not likely to be given credit for an 8, because you raised (from EP, if I remember correctly (EDIT: I don't, apparently)) and called a reraise PF. A substantial chunk of his range of hands is still ahead of us on the turn, and because check-bet on the turn looks like a very natural line to try and take them off overs, it's possible that a savvy player can push over you there, forcing you to fold. My intention is to get to the river in a situation where neither of us are very likely to improve and see a cheap showdown.