View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: 100NL : hand series versus tough LAG - help!

Ok, I appreciate the replies, but I think the "bet more" line is much too simplistic. For one thing I was betting around 1/2 pot with hands and without, so betting 1/2 pot doesnt make it look like I have air. I have no reason to believe that betting pot on the flop would make him fold bottom pair. 60% of the time with hands like AK I'll flop no pair, so betting more for continuation just means I'm putting more money in the pot with no pair.

[ QUOTE ]

The button steal hand is a tough river call but if you're not willing to make this call you're better off just folding pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.. well, I don't want to just become a vanilla player because of him. I want to be able to show down a top pair when it's good and fold when it's not. He's still going to make big hands and I don't want to pay off when he does. Maybe that means I just need to play tighter preflop so I can be more sure my hands are good?

[ QUOTE ]

The final hand, I don't like the flop 3 bet, I don't think you've got good FE to make that move, and he's likely to pay you off if you improve on the turn anyway. Just call his c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you assuming I'm behind on the flop? When he check-raises the flop I think I'm still ahead there often. He's shown he can check-raise with air, and will call with bottom pair, etc. He could also just have a draw with no made hand. Certainly when I 3-bet and he calls then I know I'm in trouble, but if I just fold to his check-raise that's inviting more check-raises. If I just call and don't improve I have to check-fold the turn?