View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: unimportant ethics/rules question

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to ask yourself what you would have done had the cards been Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have had the dealer call the floor. That's different because that's a hand I intend to play preflop, and therefore the action needs to be correct since I have every intention of continuing in the hand. With Q4s, obviously I'm folding this 100% of the time UTG anyway, so it's really a waste of time to get the floor over to correct an action that isn't going to matter. Earlier in the night, I had AQo UTG+3. UTG (a known tight player I know well) raises, so I have to think for about ten seconds before deciding whether I want to fold AQ to a single raise or 3-bet. The guy to my left, who has been acting out of turn a lot, folds while I still have cards, which sets off a cascade of folds behind him. I immediately say "Wait, I haven't done anything yet," think, then 3-bet. In that case, I noticed sooner and was able to stop the out-of-turn action before it got too far, and I doubt my 3-bet would have changed any of those folds to calls, so I'm not worried.