View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Truly Blessed : Rambling

well my mom developed Glioblastoma Multiforme aka untreatable brain tumor, and in a period of 9 months, went from having nothing wrong (well besides be diabetic) to splitting head aches, a doctor telling her it was just a sinus headache, then the doctors deeciding, oh wait that's a tumor, after 6 months and countless hospital stays (and trips to Johns HOpkins) she's bed ridden in my house, where she'd die shorrtly after meeting up with the rest of my extended family for a thanksgiving dinner (at which she couldnt eat, beecause she had lost any control of her body, she jsut layed motionless).

--

That's the worst thing that's happened to me, and not for the obvious reasons, not the effect it's had on me, i've been able to handle it unnbelievably well, it doesn't bother me.. But what it did to my dad is what was real [censored] up..he completely gave up his life for those 9 months, he was just starrting up a company that needed him incredibly, but he just stopped it to take care of my mom 24/7, it was just amazing to see someone care that much about another person. And for him to have to go through what he did, was just completely not fair.

So yea, the worst thing that's happened to me, was having ot watch my dad lose the person he loved the most, to a terrible tumor that turned her into a vegetable slowly but surely.

---

</end sad story>
-

Anynways, he's coped now and it's made me and him have a better relationship, and now his business is just starrting to become profitable (2.5 years later).

Other than that, i too have had an incredibly blessed life, and it's awesome.