View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Rate this play please with QJ

Situation is ~170/450 remain in tourney
blinds 50/100

I'm in BB w/ QJo ($1350 - currently about 80th and I'm mostly tight/aggressive)
get 1 limper (very loose/aggressive) ($5500 and just won $3000 pot with runner runner two hands earlier.)
SB limps (~$2250 - not much info)
I raise to $300
limper calls
SB folds
flop come J37 rainbow
I check since he has been so aggressive in all the 20 hands or so I have seen him play regarding his betting frequency even though amount has been all over the board from 1/3 pot to 5x pot)
He bets 300 and I go all in with my remaining $1050.
He calls and turns over J3o catching 2 pair.
Turn is rags and river is a 3 completing his boat and busts me even though the 2 pair would have been enough. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I feel I played it correctly, but several people thought I was nuts for different reasons.. some said I should not have raised preflop (I totally disagree) and others could not believe I had risked my tourney with just top pair and said it was a stupid thing to do especially since he had 4x my chips (I still don't see the corrolation there.)

I was 99% sure that he did not have QQ, KK, or AA cuz there is NO way he would just limp with those. So I put him on something like suited connector or Jx since he seemed to play any face card and figured I was in pretty good shape.

Any thoughts on how this could of been played better? Was I stupid as so many thought (though I would argue this one for a while..lol)