View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 10:51 PM

Default Re: The other shoe just dropped ... lol

I was going to say to make sure you stay grounded but it appears you are now doing that some...with the help of your little losing slide.

I am ALWAYS having to find ways to make sure my head is in check.

When I first got P-Tracker, I had 30k hands or so where I was winning around 3BB/100 and I was THE MAN.
I then proceeded to drop 400 BB's in there due to horrific bad-beats and probably cocky-tilt (or is that cock-tilt??) and my win-rate sank to below 1BB/100.

I'm most of the reason I slid off like that....but variance had something to with it too.

The last 5 weeks I have been on an awesome run.
I know I've been playing better (thanks SSHE) but it's also pretty easy to say that when you're catching the right cards most of the time.

That said, 3/6 isn't that much of a leap from 2/4....monetarily or in skill. It's a little bit more aggressive with a bit more check-raising and slightly fewer complete imbeciles. But otherwise, it's very much the same.
(also - there are no 6-max tables at 3/6 either).
I suggest testing the waters there on occasion if you feel you're up for it.

There is no need to proclaim yourself STRICTLY a 2/4 player or a 3/6 player. I still play a mix of both...frequently at the same time (2 tables of 2/4 and 2 tables of 3/6).
I still play 1/2 on some sites for crying out loud for bonus-clearing purposes.

So take an occasional shot at 3/6 when you feel good about it or find a table to your liking. And, if you want, you can still keep a majority of your play at 2/4 for now.