View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: New Bellagio Poker Room Opens Wednesday Night (4/27)

[ QUOTE ]

I understand that there will be an automatic shuffler on each table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the curtains are gone now. You can clearly see the whole room which is completlely done other than some cleaning up in the back.

A quick count showed there will be 33 tables on the main floor- all of which have the automatic shufflers. The old high-limit area appeared to have 5 tables. The new high-limit area appeared to have 2 tables.

[ QUOTE ]
The lighting looks like it may hve been improved

[/ QUOTE ]

I never had a problem with the Bellagio's lighting and don't remember anybody else complaining either.

However, they do have new chairs. That's something I and others have complained about.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the room now looks like it is more open to those on the outside looking in than it was before.

[/ QUOTE ]

It always seemed rather open to me anyway. It still has the same basic design with a rail in which people outside can easily observe the games.

My main point isn't that the Bellagio room isn't good. It'll be just as good as it was before. My point is that the 2-3 months they used to renovate the room doesn't seem to have resulted in any significant change for the average player beyond the automatic shufflers.

What was the point of this big renovation?

A little story

Tonight, the room might have been a little to inviting. As I was checking the room out, I noticed a few guys had gone inside to see it for themselves. A security guard came from the back of the room and informed the men they had to leave- which they did with no incident. As I walked out, I noticed one of the men was Johnny Chan.