View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: value bet this river?

Well, personally i think this is a very non-useful HH, since it's an unraised pot you have nothing to gain but a few dollar. I think i would've checked as you, but i see two ways to maybe squeeze something out of this.

1) Lay a very small bet, and hope that someone with middlepair thinks his hand is good.

2) Try to overbet the pot to make it look like you making a beginner-steal, and maybe someone with pocket pair, or middle board pair will call. Maybe he thinks you have ace high or so.

But theese situations ain't nothing to "hang in the tree" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If you raise every pot you will be in you will gain on it in the long run, since then you have something to fight for in every pot. If you just call and don't hit, off course you don't loose much money, but you won't gain much either. And the beauty of this is that, if you are the raiser, you will very often be able to lay a pot bet (or so) on the flop and your opponent/s will fold, even though you didnt hit on the flop.