View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:45 AM

Default AKo is killing me...

Ok, so I just moved back to NL after a brief stint at SNGs. I was a winner when I left, and after a week back, I'm doing pretty well.
I played a little under 10k hands the last 7 days and am coming in at around 10PTBB/100 at NL25.
However, my worst hand seems to be AKo. I am also losing a small amount with AQo. Yet, AJo is actually one of my most profitable non-pocket hands.
Has anyone else struggled with this? I'm probably tight aggressive to tight passive.
I've looked through PT and it seems that a majority of my big losses come when I commit all my chips when I only have a pair of Kings.
Is it as simple as not committing all of my chips without better than top pair top kicker?
With the majority of the players being so bad at NL25, I hadn't really been paying attention to anything other than my winrate, but this is certainly concerning.
I've won quite a few big pots with just top pair, so I feel like I'll be a lot weaker with AK in the future if I'm not aggressive enough with it when I hit top pair.
Any advice, tips, or stories of how you overcame this similar problem?