View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 20-40: Middle pair, small pot.

"if the button likes to bet when checked to, i'd perhaps, not definately, i'd like to see how he puts the money in, but if all looked o.k., i'd check-raise and try to win it right there. if he calls the check-raise, i'd bet out on the turn."

i was with you until right there. i would check the turn dark with the intention of either check-folding or check-raising (and i wouldnt have to improve my hand to do so), but hopefully check-checking. when i bet the turn here i find i am just throwing money away. it's complicated maybe but it's how it works out for me. i like to follow up middle pair flop strength by either showing more strength and truly selling the idea that my hand is better than it is (yes im aware it may be the best hand) or just plum wussing out and giving up. you see elysium, most players arent calling the flop checkraise after attempting a bluff w/ KTo here. that's why i dont like the turn bet.

another way to play it is just check-fold the flop and love yourself for your patience and unwillingness to get involved in marginal situations out of position. when my A game is on that's my play.