View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR102 JJ

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to expand the horizons of the series a little bit. See if you guys like it. HR = Hand reading, so the focus will be on putting villian on a hand. There will be a river decision by Hero and then rate how you thought Hero played the hand. I think I'm going to pass on posting an answer rating key and leave it up to you guys to analyze what the best river decision is and how you thought Hero played the hand. So comments and discussion welcome.

Reads: You are Hero, so figure Villian sees you as a normal 2+2'er. Villian in the hand is Isura. So figure a half-decent 2+2'er who is capable of outplaying you...and out-donking you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Take the quiz, make a comment, thanks for participating. Let me know what you think about this kind of quiz in relation to the previous kind.

.50/$1 NLHE 6-max

Villian UTG ($145)
Hero BB ($150)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
Villian raises to $4, 4 folds, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8.25) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $4, Hero raises to $12, Villian calls $8.

Turn: ($31) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero bets $25, Villian calls $25.

River: ($79.50) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $25, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why call? Why raise? When Isura called the turn, it became clear that his hand was not AQ. There are no draws out there for him to be calling with. The only hand you beat that is in his possible range is TT (and that's a big stretch). Fold.

It seems to me that he's not afraid of top pair, but also not taking any aggressive action. AK would play this way, but why would he only be 1/2 the pot on the flop? Changing it up perhaps?

I actually picked KK as Isura's hand here, however that's just the feeling I got from the weak lead on the flop. He figures he's got the deck crippled and wants to see if somebody will play along. Dumb probably.

In any case, you must fold the river.