View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: There\'s a third time for everything

wow. c'mon, man.

first off, let me say that i've never folded KK preflop with a 75bb stack, and i probably never will. but there's more here.

[ QUOTE ]
There was way too many cards to come for me to be just sticking my whole stack out there without the okeedokes. Maybe it was inertia. Or maybe it's a style thing. I'm not going to *CALL* three thousand out of nowhere into a nothing pot without the nuts. I'm just not.

[/ QUOTE ]
i usually like your posts a lot, tommy, because you take a different perspective, and you give us READS on your opponents, and you base your actions and decisions on those reads. if you had done that here, if you had told us that the player who pushed is someone who's scared to play postflop poker, who's a particularly weak-tight rock, or you somehow picked up that he was playing with his case $3k, and THAT's why you made this fold, then at least it makes some semblance of sense.

but to say, "I'm not going to *CALL* three thousand out of nowhere into a nothing pot without the nuts" is not only ludicrous, it's FACTUALLY WRONG.

there's already $3300 in the pot.

and one of the reads you DID give us was that the first raiser was going to call if you did, so you will likely be getting over $6000 for your $3k call. you also told us this game was playing in warp-speed at the time, and that these two players were among the guys driving it. how do you think KK stacks up against their hand ranges?

lastly,

[ QUOTE ]
I can still get good ROI on these chips later on if I just keep my head. Nobody is going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you lose, buy more chips. like you said, nobody's going anywhere. but you know this. so why are you saying things like the quote above?