View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: A 2-Hour Experiment in Folding

Hand 1. I folded a hand like that once. That was enough, its out of my system. It sucks getting raised on the river here, you end up losing like 80% of the time. Good thing your getting 11-1. villan will be bluffing a missed KQ or a stupidly played AJ here enough to make calling +ev. This hand illustrates my golden rule : If he's a tard, then folding is just to hard. The worse a player is the easier it is to call down. and yes, 1.75 agression is pretty high for a guy with 41+ vpip.

Hand 2. Your opponent is a lot more reasonable and the fold is more reasonable. It is tough to quantify how often you are good here. BD flush, QT and all kinds of 2 pair got there. I don't hate you for betting or for folding in this one, it is a tough spot.

Hand 3: Top pair good kicker. Nope, not gonna fold. Especially after folding the A8 hand if a bluff worked for him then he is def encouraged to try it again. There are plenty of semibluffing hands out there, and the pot is pretty effing big. He could also be trying to extract value from his weaker Q-especially if he has a heart with it. Call down.

Hand 4:
No. I hate you for folding. That's a bad kitty. Donk bets mean nothing, Nothing! I usually raise right there, bet the turn and check behind on the river.

Hand 5: You don't have a queen, he doesn't have a queen. So he either has a J or a draw- most of which got there. MOST of which got there. You beat a lot of Js and you beat his busted KT draw. Call.

Hand 6: NO. Stop folding overpairs for one sb.

Hand 7: Thisis tough, be he could still be going aggro with AK/AJs or even 77 and 55. Yeah, you lose a lot but your actions have already built a big pot. don't give up that easily. call down. I would check fold the river if a A hit for sure. If a spade hits a similar argument can be made. Your flop c/r was perfect. Perfect.

Hand 8: I am not ever folding that turn. Usually i would c/r that turn, unless i specifically thought he would raise AK/Aq there.

Hand 9: You have plenty of outs against K4, K6 and 46, 47, and are ahead of K5 and K8. call down.

Hand 10: Bet the turn and fold to a s/r if you aren't going to call a river bet. You just gave a weak spade a free card. 1 bet on the turn and you are putting nothing else in.

Hand 11: Raise the flop.

In short you are right- all of these hands you are less than 50% to win, but nearly all of them are bit pots giving you 10-1 or better. Just because there are only a few hands that your opponents can have that are resonable doesn't mean that your opponents are reasonable. Also- the more folds you make, the more pure bluffs actually become good plays.