Thread: PLO8 $100 hand
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: PLO8 $100 hand

Well the problem is that there is only 1 turn card that wont scare him and thats a 9. If a 10, J, or K comes, he might not be so eager to bet out and if you jam he will probably fold. Also if the board pairs he might get away as well. I think you want to play it like you did. If you play it like you did, if the turn pairs or comes high, he will probably call you down as he called on the flop and feels pot committed.

The problems with waiting for the turn is that he has not put a decent amount of his stack into the pot and he can still get away. Also the pot isnt that big, unless he bets out on the turn, you wont be able to get a big portion of his stack in there before the river. You just got unlucky, not much else to say about that.

Aces are the trickiest set to play, because there are never any blanks on the turn, either a low gets there or a straight of some sort. I prefer jamming on the flop to build a pot so that if no low comes on the turn I can really jam and also the flop bet gets most straight draws out unless they got some sort of monster draw, but still most arent eager to chase with a 2 low card flop.