View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:33 AM

Default genius or insanity? maybe a stupid river move. 2/4 8/B

i don't remember all the details, but when it got to the river it looked like this:

Hero (me), i raised on the left of the BI on third, bet fourth, got raised by the mainiac, called, and check/called fifth and sixth: [8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

and the mainiac on my left, who had been the bettor throughout the hand since he raised fourth (representing a flush+low draw? whatever...), had: [xx]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]:8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][x]. i put him on a made low.

the third player (W/T/passive) in the pot had been calling along with: [xx]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img][x], though he took a long time to make the call on sixth. i assume he had two pair by then.

so:

I assumed i was beat. i had no low and a weak two pair. the mainiac has a made low... he liked to jam it up with those, but i wouldn't give him credit for the flush, clubs being do dead, etc. I thought the W/T caller had me beat for high...

but i bet out.

thoughts? it worked; The mainiac raised, the other player folded, i called, and got half the pot. I thought this would work often enough to be +EV, or... did i get lucky?