Thread: A few hands
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: A few hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, yeah I think you need to fold the turn.

Hand 2 is a definite 3-bet. If you want to drive out CO (or at least make it incorrect to call), seeing 2 cold on the flop will do that mighty well. We don't want to wait to the turn because our hand is very vulnerable, there's multiple players (one of which could be forced out), and it's semi-draw laden with the 2 straight and 2 flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this is exactly why we do wait until the turn. My hand is extremely vulnerable, and there are a lot of turn cards that will destroy my equity. 3-betting this flop will do nothing to protect my hand - CO will still be getting over 6:1 on a call, any straight or flush draws aren't going to fold. If I wait until the turn, though, I can see if a safe card comes (which it did) and pop the CO for two BB cold (which I did). My equity jumps a lot on a safe turn card. This seems very similar to the TT hand in SSH.

But like I said, this is a concept I've had a lot of trouble with, and I'm still trying to figure out when to use it. This seems like a quintessential time to use it.