View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Books about investing during bear markets/crashes...

Jim Rogers is a billionaire many times over and was called the best securities analysis professor in the country by Warren Buffett. I really doubt he needs to qualify his investment credentials with anyone.

And I'm not sure what you're definition of a "permabear" is, but Marc Faber has stated that he thinks the Nikkei will rise over 200% in the coming years. Sounds pretty bullish to me. The fact that some people choose to invest in other asset classes besides the S&P500 does not make them "permabears".

Jim Rogers and Marc Faber are true value investors. They buy when things are cheap and sell when they are expensive. Equities in other parts of the world are significantly cheaper than they are in the US. US equities are extremely expensive by historical standards. These are empirical facts.

But don't take my word for it. Take the advice of "market timers" like Warren Buffett, George Soros, Paul Volcker, Bill Gross, Sir John Templeton, and Steven Roach who have all expressed similar views in recent years.