View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: When do you break the first rule of the Fight Club?

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't even told my friends...for two reasons:

1. I sometimes play a game with them, and it's always good for some easy beer money. I don't want that to change.

2. Even if I told them about 2+2 I'd probably be waisting my breath. They'd probably never even check it out.

The way I see it is anyone who seriously wants to learn the game will find the 2+2 books and website on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I come at it from the opposite side.

I tell anyone in my uni poker society and any on the UK student poker site that ask, that 2+2 is where you will learn a lot about poker. I like to spread the word; though not at the poker table - i view it as by asking the question, they initiate the 'quest', i merely show them the path to follow.

Im also a strong player with those that i play with, and whilst i tell them to come here, i know that ill only reach a small few. And those would have found this site eventually anyway.

Furthermore, if they find the site, get better then consistantly beat me, this is merely encouragement for me to improve my own game (something even i need now and again).

I see no reason to not tell people if it appears that they want to know. I do however agree with most that forcing it down their throats on a poker table, either online or not, is not the way forward.

Phill