View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: So is this strange? Should I have a reaction?

[ QUOTE ]

Getting back to my original post, I think the bigger issue here is thinking about ways that we can enhance the content of the forums to make it more worthwhile for the more veteran posters to make this their exclusive poker discussion site.

[/ QUOTE ]

How to do that is a fair question, Lloyd...but I think it's not so much about "enhancing the content"--there's plenty of content here--but rather that it's sometimes hard to get to that content quickly and efficiently because of noise and due to the volume of newer players/posters.

2+2's site is bound to keep drawing in more and more newbies--which is great for 2+2's sales--but it also has the inevitable effect of watering down the percentage of threads and posts with choice content.

The bigger the site gets, the more this may be a problem, unless someone can come up with a really creative solution.

An idea just occurred to me, something along the lines of a color-coded rating system for threads, or else perhaps an "advanced" forum for advanced strategic discussion only. Off the top of my head, I don't see just how either of those ideas would work very well, and I can envision some problems as well. But just maybe, some idea along those lines can be tweaked enough to make it worthwhile. I'm not particularly optimistic that there is really any way to greatly reduce the "watering-down" factor, though. Still, there might be. Something worth thinking about, anyway.