View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 100-200 Lifeline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are dudes sharing their hands and colluding and who knows what else online, and you want to get uppity because someone AIMs someone "dude, just how tight is this guy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

We shouldn't prosecute for assault, either, since people are getting murdered everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

but hypothetically, if one state says that assault is not a crime, then commiting assault in that state would not be grounds for criminal prosecution, as is the analogy here.

on the internet, there is no 1 player to a hand rule. i know very well known and respected players that watch each other play and discuss hands before during and after. im not willing to go that far, nor do i think its explicitly against the ruels of online poker.

for me, however, i just keep it to questions about a player at the worst. i can't remember the last time i did it but i would have no problem im'ing lee and asking: "quick, read on XYZ." since that information could be useful in decision making in the hand. i wouldn't IM him and ask, "XYZ bet the turn after raising pf and betting the flop, should i fold?" b/c that asks for a specific action that I should be able to reach by myself. getting information to make that action isn't wrong in my ethical world, but asking a specific action would be b/c its not you "playing" the hand.

in any case, neither of those would be "illegal" online b/c i have yet to see any explicit rule saying only 1 p layer may play a hand.

Barron