View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: $33 - Review my bubble play - I suspect poor play - Episode 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1-4 Standard
5 Shove PF (and no, I'm not being results-oriented, lol!)
6 Standard
7 Shove PF, I think
8 Fold seems standard again, let them fight it out
9 I'd complete, I think
10 Shove PF
11 - 21 are all standard

[/ QUOTE ]

5. You think 44 is good enough 5 ways to push? This was a question I had with the last hand where I busted. It's coinflip territory ...

7. This was a tough hand, because I know people are folding AJo in this situation becauase they don't want to run into a bigger A or a pocket pair.

10. Do you have an ICM for this (I should be buying this program this week, so if not, I'll just look it up later.) I would have pushed with 87s, but 68s seemed a little weak if I get called.

Thanks for the replies (both of you). During the game, I thought about those hands. 44, thought about it, A8s thought about it. So, at least I thinking about the hands I need to be thinking about, now I just need to start making the correct decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

In response to the few hands in question...

Hand 5 is a pretty clear push, but only if you think UTG can fold. If you're not sure, it's probably pretty close either way, though I'd probably push it more often than not. Since UTG has such a big stack, it's more likely he's limping less than premium hands.

Hand 7 is actually a pretty marginal push unless these guys have been pretty tight, which hasn't really been the case. I'd probably fold it.

Hand 10 is an eaaasy eaaasy push, even with a pretty loose calling range. I'm pushing any 2 cards here every time. With 5 BBs and the button, it's likely the last chance you'll have to push with decent position and any FE.

Assuming a calling range of 44+, A7+, KJ+ we're looking at

$EV Fold 13.8% / $41.46 $EV Push 15.1% / $45.29 $EV Diff. +1.3% / $3.83

Not even close.

Everything else is pretty standard.