View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Keeping the Lead in the Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
There are very few hands that we're ahead of that will call the river. So unless he is a gigantic calling station I think this is a check/call on the river to induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree. There are all manner of ace high and underpair hands that decided preflop to showdown. I'm learning to fold to this raise more (since I can't seem to find anyone bluffing it), but to check/call out of fear that we're beat is weeeeeaaaaaaak.

Ace high, lower pairs, and lots of other random paired cards that we beat willcall that river bet. They will also check behind if we let them.

blind battles are different animals than a lot of the rest of poker.

they are battles of will, and are excellent places to punish people for puffing thier chests up. Blinds are also important places to get reads and look for mistakes. If the guy to your right calls too much, then check more when behind and bet more with a hand. If he bluffs too much, then call more. If he folds too much, then bet or checkraise more.

people tend to systemtically make one mistake or another in the blinds, but my no-read default is that they call too much because the generic opponent thinks his ace high or 44 hand is good way too often.

I bet that river and consider folding when it's raised. I'm not that curious.

If people are afraid of folding here because he'll "start taking shots at me":

Let him take his shots at me. I can deal with it.

If I see this coming, then he'd better be ready to watch me start showing down king high and checkraising my strong draws.

c'mon - bluffraise me.

lets see how gung ho you are when I adjust and start threebetting middle pair.

bitch.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]