View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Hand late in tourney ....

Thanks for the posts everyone - I was in Late MP, 4 or 5 behind the button. I don't know how my position would be relative to the actual decision on whether to call the all-in but I can see how it would be relative to my initial 3XBB play.. Which I don't think was bad play.

I had a consistently varying table image and I don't think anyone there had any kind of read on me except I would fold alot even if I 3 or 4 bet preflop and someone came over the top of me big. This guy had played with me the whole trny and knew this very well - as I said he had done it himself plenty of times. So I felt if he was going to want a call he would of micro raised or maybe raised to 72K to induce a call. Again, he was a LAG player though..

As far as being able to put him on a hand, I am rarely one to say I "KNOW" what the guy has - but this was a situation where I had no doubt he had a relatively weak holding and I was not a dog. I had seen the way he played middle pocket pairs and he raised about 3 X the original raise or smooth called. The way he played big pairs was limping every time.. and inducing action on the turn - even when the board didn't look good. All in all a very weak player, none the less I am still not sure exactly what I should have done here.

My mind tells me right now it was a bad move - Given how I felt about my situation in that particular tournament and my competition.. I should of waited for a better spot.

At the same time, getting all your chips in when your ahead is all you can ask for. I guess it isn't really a question about so much whether the hand itself was played right - but more about tournament strategy.