View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 07:57 PM

Default My Report

Great post!

Yeah, Magoo fest was a success again, as expected.

MGM really came through for us. They reserved us four tables all together in the center of the room. Coctails were brought to get it all started, as usual. I was already pretty much 1/2 hammered from Craps Fest when we arrived. I would get steadily more hammered over the next 12 hours until I was "beyond" hammered.

Craps fest was a BLAST. It was hilarious getting the driver to stop at ghetto-mart so we could get MORE beers. Hats off to ambassador limo service here in vegas for top notch service and a good deal to boot.

Dominic won the craps fest event. Friggin' bee-atch is what he is, the bastard. I wanted to win. But instead I think I actually LOST more than anyone. I was long out of the tournament when I rebought $100 twice more just so I could keep playing. I think I should award myself the "sorest ass" award since I dumped $220 playing craps, and Magoo Fest hadn't even started yet.

I has been suggested that perhaps next time we do "bingo fest." Somehow I think we'll get kicked out of boulder station bingo hall by the old ladies long before any of us could have a chance to win anything! Anyway, the pre-Magoo Fest excursion idea is cool, perhaps it'll have to be a regular event.

So yeah, we got back to MGM a little late. Screw you guys, you shoulda been on the craps fest tour of the ghetto side of henderson, then it would have seemed more like we were right on time! Yeah!

I would like to issue a special thank you to MGM, and especially Gary, for once again providing us with a great time and great service.

As for the actual magoo-ing, DrewJustDrew won the "punk ass bitch" award for his story of the first time he ever played 2-4, and the sunglasses he wore! Most of the rest of the awards I think I was too drunk to remember where they went!

I started off fantastically at my table, only dumping $100 in the first five minutes. The highlight of the table was probably my flopping the best hand, capping it the whole way, losing to a flush in a giant pot, and having the winner tip the dealer THE ENTIRE POT, about $220. Classy act, Bravo! I am quite sure I was too drunk to remember who it was, but my ass is still kinda sore from that hand! I was colder than ice all night but I decided to take a break and let Jerri, my friend from the wynn, play my chips. She was doing much better than me so I let her play and got back some of what I had lost.

My total expenditure for magoo fest was probably in the neighborhood of $500 or so, not too bad considering I had about umpteen beers plus a few scotches!

After magoo fest was broken up, I played no limit at MGM and started to win back what I had blown earlier that day. My bro and G-friend played too, all of us won. My brother was going for the record for redbull and vodka but lost count somewhere in the thirties. The winning streak continued till like 6am when we finally quit. The next night we tried the wynn for a while, they both won quite a bundle while I lost like $14. MGM again right after that. They both won some more money but were getting tired, I was still stuck so was too stubborn to leave so I said I'd take a cab. The game was absolutely FANTASTIC as all hell and all I could get dealt all night was 92o etc. Finally I hit trip queens, king kicker and got two players who disbelieved to the tune of nearly $180 each. I finally left when they were doing some kind of construction in the MGM and I couldn't take the jackhammers and machinery anymore! (totally true, not making that up). I figure $360 or so added up to about $40 an hour for the time I was there so that was plenty good enough.

Many of us played a lot at MGM over the weekend in their regular games as well, I know I did. Thanks to all who contributed to their room, and to the success of Magoo Fest 11-5-05. Thanks to all who generously gave their tips to the floor, dealers, waitresses and chip runners. Although we were certainly the drunkest and rowdiest, I think we all showed some real class by taking care of business.

When's the nest magoo-fest? Well I am thinking about the time of march madness / the race and all that jazz should be about right. We'll see what happens, but count on another magoo fest coming to las vegas soon! There will of course be more magoos, more commemorative chips, more drunken debotchery, more of everything to look forward to!

al