View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Two Hands Faced with Calling an All-In

sup blue?

Villian [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] might have been concious of your recent success in the 2+2 tourney...KNOWING you were not going to risk bubbling out here. Likely he could have pushed over the top with a non-AA/KK, but still something that could hold up vs. a 99-JJ kind of hand (say A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] maybe).

Honestly? I'm calling if I'm you in a MTT (to answer your question specifically). A big stack is putting you to the test here with a lot of hands other than AA/KK. And with the general top-heavy payout, I'd take the risk here.

#2 - I've been sitting here trying to think why I liked it (having witnessed it), but I can't put my finger on it. I'd hate to think it was the 'taking time' issue. It's just hard putting him on a Q PF. Cold-calling 1/4 stack with BB still to act here just didn't fit (of course an AA just might!). An AQ might just push over the top of your reluctance to open-push. A KQ might fold in front of BB. His cold-call almost looked like on of those 'worthy to look him up' AJ/T hands (yeah, i know - i got to see). I think if you bet closer to 1600ish, he might have folded. Your 'weakish' 3x PF and your even weaker flop bet gave him the push opportunity - probably putting you on an AJ type hand as well. Had he ripped it a little quicker or minraised you back, you might have just folded [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: "I liked" as in "the call" - concurring w/ suited's comment...yes, push this PF next time.