View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: COMRADES, please critique/tear up a bunch of hands

[ QUOTE ]
1. This seems okay, I probably would raise less but enough to commit myself to the hand, there's no way I'm folding this that's for sure..

2. Standard
3. 99 is just a bit too good for me to let go here, I re-raise all in to isolate. He has 6BB and is UTG, people do wacky stuff when blinds are about to hit. You have him massively covered.
4. Not sure you need to re-raise quite this much? Just to 80 or so would have the same effect.
5. It's a close decision on the flop whether to check or bet, I err towards check and obviously then check-raise if or when the preflop raiser bets, which he probably will, because he's a donk. Turn.. hmm. I think I would just check and see what he does? No need to push this.
6. What the hell is this. You're seeing ghosts mate. Bet the flop, and re-assess from there.
7. This is tough but she's raised about 30% of her stack, I don't think she's folding, and I don't think you need to make this move right now.. and she's from UTG. I actually think in this situation fold > call > push. The small stacks are not small enough that she will fold to your push if she has you beat.
8. Meh this is very close, and read-dependent entirely. Got to be close to a call though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on the other side of the fence on #7 & #8

#7 I see way too many bets like this that are just weak steal attempts. I think you will get a fold here 50% with a push and are a 60/40 or better with alot of the calls. If this was the first standard raise from a push monkey I'd play it differently. If you lose your still in the fight. If you win 1st is much more realistic.

#8 I fold given the stacks and that your only ahead of a handful of hands, flipping with most, and in deep crap with the rest.