View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Las Vegas Trip Report During The First Week Of The WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
The blinds were $25-$25 and UTG bets 3 times the big blind to $75. The next two players call, I call with 9s8s, the cutoff calls, and the blinds fold. Five of us are going to see the flop with $425 in the pot. The flop comes Ad, Ts, 7s giving me a flush and straight draw. Everyone checks. The dealer turns over an Ac on the turn and everyone checks again. The river is a Th, so the board is Ad, Ts, 7s, Ac, and Th. The player UTG bets $200. For sure, I thought this was a bluff. This player started out playing aggressive and I would expect that if he had an ace he would have bet it on the flop. Next, two players fold and I call. Yeah, that's right I just called with one players still to act behind me. I must have thought that I already had my draw and was feeling pretty dumb. Why did I just call? I just was not thinking and was tired from playing all day. Amazingly, the cutoff folds and the player UTG throws his cards in the muck! I collected the pot and did not show my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to figure out who made the bigger goofball move on the river here, you calling or him mucking. I guess I have to go with him, so 'nh'.