View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Okay, Ed, I raised.

For my first year or so here I rarely read anything outside of a strategy forum and certainly didn't post anywhere else. I don't do that much any more, not because its not valuable, but after a year of reading and posting about hands just about everyday, I finally got bored of reading other people's hands, and felt fairly comfortable with the decisions I was making at the tables.

Make the micro or SS forum your home. Read hand posts everyday. Contribute to them--this will cause you to think much more intently about hands than if you simply follow along with the discussion, even if in your head you pick out the line you would take.

Post hands yourself. Not just hands where you were unsure what to do, but hands where you think you were right.

Until you do this, I don't think you realize what a valuable exercize it is to get down and dirty with real hands that people encounter.

It may be you know all you need to know, but if you did I don't think we'd be seeing these posts from you.

And don't obsess about the numbers, that's just one step away from being results oriented. Strive to make the correct plays and the numbers will fall into place.

Good luck to you. The 1/2 is definitely beatable and if you keep working on it, you will beat it too and look back on this frustration as just one ultimately positive step on your poker journey.

--Zetack