View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:01 PM

Default RIAA + I2hub settlement deal

so just got off the phone w/ the settlement ppl. I did not agree to settle yet, but here's the information I got from them.

Right now I am classified as a "John Doe -- under 2500 shares" which corresponds to a settlement amount of $3,750. If I don't settle before Aug. 12th, my classification jumps up to "Named -- under 2500 shares" and the settlement amount becomes $4,500.

There's the meat of it. :-(

minor details: once you decide to settle, they send you 2 forms for the settlement which layout dates to pay by, credit card authorization forms, agreement to never do it again and to destroy your current collection of mp3s, etc. Then he asked, "so, do we have a settlement?", to which I replied, "no, I still need to go over the forms with my lawyer before I make a decision." He said they could send me a blank one with just the paragraphs...nothing about dates and amounts and anything important. That sounds kinda fuked up, so I was told him to go ahead and send me the blank ones and I'll see what's there, talk to my lawyer, and get back to you sometime next week.

So basically, I'm going to have to pay $3750 before Aug 11.

- Tron
([censored] them, I'm never going to pay for another CD again. Binary newsgroups boooooo yah)