View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:35 PM

Default nature of man- siegfried rambles

why does man seek first his own good, at the expense of the good of others? is such selfishness conditioned or innate? cann it be changed/rewired?

is it in man's best interest to seek max happiness/pleasure at any cost? why should i not seek the max good of sklansky? would this be wrong, illogical, nonsensical?

does anything make sense? is anything true? is anything good? or all these questions completely meaningless? if yes, is this affirmative answer a completely meaningless resolution to my above questions?

what is a genius? what is the general correlation between genius and arrogance, etc? are most 'true' geniuses generally humble or arrogant? is sklansky a true 'genius'? is it good that his ultimate end is financial increase? or perhaps that is not his main end? if he were even more of a genius, could he then teach himself immediately to play a mean electric guitar? if he could, and had the musical acumen of mozart, would he then be better qualified to speak on whether God exists?

if God does not exist, is it better for me to disbelieve in Him. Should I then curse and despise those who falsely believe? If not, then why not. If so, then why. Which answer is 'better'. What does 'better' mean? Do any of the words on this website make real sense? Why argue ferociously over whose arguments are better? Why is pride, etc so quick to rule and predominate over most every post one reads in this section? if not, then what purpose to people have in their arguments here? perhaps all these arguments were preordained by blind chance, and not one occurrence of the infinite # of occurrences that occur occur by chance, but are instead predetermined. i am only writing this now because it could be no other way. hitler only killed because it could be no other way. if this were true, which it cannot be, then...well it doesnt matter, most of the arguments i read here are vain, empty, and without any helpful 'meaning' or redemptive quality. all vanity. you are all very smart, many geniuses who enjoy being complimented and being right, who enjoy 'truth' and proclaiming it for the benefit of others