View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:45 PM

Default Re: AQo against a tight aggressive

Al Mirpuri:

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MP2. Read is tight aggressive.

Preflop: MP2 raises....

This should have ended your hand right there.

Absolutely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not solely directed to you Al, but to everyone who is saying "TAG raises, fold AQ." While I agree that I would probably fold here most of the time, I do not think 3-betting here is all that bad against a TAG raise. This is not an EP raise...MP2 is raising one limper 2 off of the button. Most TAGs (at least most 2+2 type TAGs) are raising a wide range of hands here. I understand that your position sucks, and that makes me lean toward a fold, especially if I did not know my opponent well. If MP2 were Clarkmeister, wouldn't you be giving up quite a bit by folding to his raise here? Am I all alone in thinking that a 3-bet is not a distant 2nd choice in the situation described?

--Rico