View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Thought I had it

I've been playing since end Memorial day 2005. Read a couple of books. Had frequent wins in $1mil, $750k, $500K & $200K qualifying tournaments, while never made money in actual big trnys. Around end Aug 05, came in 2nd place in $20+$2 tourny won ~$4700, out of over 2100 players. But still never made money in cash game until recently.

I usually deposit $50. Play a few qualifying trny. Make a little money in small cash games to play more qualifying trnyes. About a week ago, I turned $50 into $400 in about 7hrs. I never won this much in cash game before and was pretty excited. Cahsed out $200. The very next day, made money again to $400 in ~5hrs & cashed out $200 again. The 3rd day, made more money this time to $800 in about 5hrs and chased out $400. Mostly playing 100NL games.

I though I finally figured out. I was playing the cards on the board and the bets others playing. I was really care less about what I held sometimes. It worked. I was able to win big pots just by various betting strategies with nothng or bottome pair time after time. I was really excited & I thought I could make some serious money playing poker.

The 4th day, I lost all my $400 bank roll. I admit that I got very cocky and palyed almost reklessly. I went back to playing $50 a day again. And have lost 4 days in a row. Just can't repeat the winnings I had a week ago. Tried to play similar style, tried a little tighter, a little loser..., just can't repeat. Someone always seemed to have big hands or better hands than mine.

I still believe I became a better player from the experience last week, at least I'm hoping. Has anyone experienced similar situation? Was I just extremely lucky for 3 days??? Or, is this a type of many stages that one goes thru on the road to becoming a better palyer???